Monday, August 01, 2011

Cloud of Ink by L.S. Klatt

I enjoyed this book, but I feel like the poems didn't resonate. They were clever and elegant, there was a musicality to the work, but after I read them, I felt like I couldn't remember what the poem was trying to tell me, even after re-reads. It is hard to tell sometimes if this is me or the poet, but I just didn't connect with them, although I did appreciate the crafting. I felt like they were well written, but a bit cold.

About half the poems have one word titles, and the other half have great, complex titles (like "Semiconductors in the Breadbasket"). The poet uses a variety of line and stanza breaks.

This book took way longer than it should have to read because I wasn't that into it.

My favorites in the book:

Ovation
More Splendid
Liquification
Andrew Wyeth, Painter, Dies at 91

2 Comments:

At 8:46 PM, Blogger beth coyote said...

O, I have finally reconnected with your blog after it mysteriously moved. Thank you for sorting poems and giving us second helpings.

X Beth

 
At 8:23 PM, Blogger Valerie Loveland said...

Glad to see you back, Beth!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home