Monday, February 14, 2011

The DiMartino Method

For years, I've admired my friend Joanie's systems for keeping track of which books she's read on her bookshelf. She takes gold foil star stickers (the types teachers use) and sticks them on the spines of the books that she read.

I decided to finally do it. I bought the stickers and put them on all the books I read. I was expecting lots of gold on my bookshelves, but once I put stickers on the books, I realized I've hardly read anything on my shelves! I have to get to work!

3 Comments:

At 6:50 PM, Blogger Radish King said...

I've been thinking about this ever since you posted it, Valerie and at first I thought it was cute you know then I looked at my bookshelves which are a great dane of a mess then I thought about this again then I looked at my bookshelves which had magically transformed themselves into a heaving elephant of a mess then I thought about how much I loved those gold stars when I was a kid how I coveted them but was rarely rewarded them and walked back into my Tyranasaurus Rex MESS OF A LIBRARY SLASH BEDROOM and now I'm convinced. Win win. I finally get some gold stars and I can figure out what I need to read because I have too many books that I read over and over again that are aging even quicker than I, it's going to be the new books that get the gold.

Thank you.
xoxo

 
At 7:39 AM, Blogger Valerie Loveland said...

I really love putting those stickers on the finished books.

 
At 7:40 AM, Blogger Valerie Loveland said...

I'll have to let Joanie know--everyone seems to really like her method.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home