Saturday, June 12, 2010

Difficult Farm by Heather Christle

I liked the poems by Christle that I've read online, and her book was as good as the online poems. They are charming, funny. I wish she had another book so I could read another by her. She wrote about some topics that I was also interested in.

She has two longer poems in the book, made up of 5 or more parts. I often feel like long poems could be reduced or condensed into smaller poems, but I didn't feel like that about these long poems. Christle writes strong first lines and endings to her poems, and also interesting titles.

I have been thinking about stanza breaks lately, so I am going to try and mention them in my reviews. Christle's poems are all one stanza, with just a few that have 2 line stanzas. There is only one poem with irregular stanzas lengths.

My favorite poems in this book:

It's not a Good Shortcut if Everyone Dies

The Handsome Man

Acorn Duly Crushed

Onward and Onward

2 Comments:

At 11:54 PM, Blogger beth coyote said...

These are hilarious. I love her!!!! Once again, thanks.

 
At 7:25 AM, Blogger Valerie Loveland said...

I agree, she is fantastic.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home