Monday, May 31, 2010

The Old Man and the Sea

My friend Allison said that she would rather have her eyes poked out than read this book. I recently picked it up so I figured I would read it and see what I thought of it.

I didn't like it either. It wasn't bad enough to make me poke my eyes out, but I don't like fishing, baseball. I didn't like the way the narrator talked to himself, I didn't like the way he and the boy talked. It seemed like they weren't actually talking to each other, they were explaining to the reader what their relationship was, and their history. The style really annoyed me.

I usually like Hemingway's writing, but I just couldn't connect with this book. He is usually much better.

1 Comments:

At 5:38 PM, Blogger Maggie May said...

i haven't read it.

maybe i won't ever.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home