Sunday, January 03, 2010

Julianna Baggot's Compulsions of Silkworms & Bees

My favorite poems: (Almost all these poems can be found on Google Books)

"In Response to Poetry is a House with Many Rooms" - I enjoyed the image of all the different rooms, and I like how the poem started light-hearted, and turned surprisingly nefarious.

"Poetry Punishes You for Your Absence" - When I wasn't writing regularly, I always dreaded the first couple poems I would write once I started again. It was so hard to get started again, and it really did feel like I was being punished.

"Q and A: Why do you write? Answer #1" - I loved all the heart imagery and the anatomy terms she included were beautiful and whimsical.

"1. Poetry Addresses Her Sister, the Novel" - As someone who has tried to write prose, but never could figure it out, and also someone with sisters, I liked this poem a lot.

1 Comments:

At 2:44 PM, Blogger beth coyote said...

So punished for absences-just arrived from vacation, didn't write a lick while I was gone even though I brought my laptop-after all a pencil and paper is all you need...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home