Monday, January 04, 2010

Conversation with the guy at the bookstore, after he saw I was buying a poetry book

Guy: Have you read Paul Guest's My Index of Slightly Horrifying Knowledge?

Me: No, but I got it and should be reading it soon.

Guy: What about Brian Turner's Here, Bullet?

Me: That's on my list too!

Guy: Okay, so what should I be reading? (pulling out a small notebook)

I told him he should pick up I Have to Go Back to 1994 to Kill a Girl, which was creative, absorbing and creepy in the best way.

3 Comments:

At 6:54 AM, Blogger Olive Tree Guitar Ensemble said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 10:36 PM, Blogger beth coyote said...

The Elegance of the Hedgehog by Muriel Burbery was a book I wanted to read again immediately after turning the last page.

My favorite bookstore is moving to my work neighborhood. Hurrah, hurrah!!!! Not all the independent bookstores are going to die, not if I can help it.

 
At 7:15 PM, Blogger Valerie Loveland said...

Congrats on the store moving! It seems like I buy books every day, indie bookstores can't be going out of business!

I will check out the Burbery book. I love when titles involve animals.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home