Wednesday, October 28, 2009

The house where I live in my dreams is crumbling

A ceiling cave in at The Homestead damaged some Emily Dickinson artifacts.

The collapse damaged some furniture and a teapot. When I went there in June, The Evergreens house was the one that was falling apart. Someone lived in the Evergreens until 1965 and she was elderly and didn't maintain the house. The Homestead seemed a lot more sturdy to me. Amherst College was trying to restore everything as quickly as possible, but they have a lot of work to do and not enough money.

2 Comments:

At 11:42 AM, Blogger beth coyote said...

Oh dear. Of course there isn't enough money. There's plenty for yet another condo construction in downtown Seattle but now for the poets. GRRRRRRR.

 
At 6:48 PM, Blogger Valerie Loveland said...

Now I'm always going to be waiting for more things to break in that house.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home