Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Favorites

My favorite part of the Massachusetts Poetry Festival was a reading with Louise Gluck and Robert Pinsky reading their favorite poems for an hour.

I really enjoyed Robert Pinsky’s Favorite Poem Project from when he was poet laureate. I love hearing people talk about their favorite things, and I love when people talk about poetry, so it was double great.

Some of their favorites were also my favorites, like Berryman’s Dream Song 14 (Life, friends, is boring) and Plath’s Nick and the Candlestick (I am a miner). They also read some great ones that I hadn't heard before like Robinson Jeffers poem Vulture(I had walked since dawn and lay down to rest on a bare hillside).

Pinsky also suggested that the audience should type up their favorite poems and keep them in a file, which I already do!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home