Monday, September 21, 2009

I can't wait until October!

I found out my time slot in the sequential reading for poets with new books at the Massachusetts Poetry Festival. My slot is 4:24-4:32. I think it is a good sign because I was born at exactly 4:24 pm, and my favorite apartment was in Glendale, California on 432 East Fairview Ave. I'll be reading between Lisa Olstein and Dick Lourie: great poets who compliment my work.

Check out this research I found about October 17th, the day of the reading:

October 17th is known as "The Poet's Day." The date coincides with a weather system ideal for poetry reading: perfect barometric pressure, temperature, and an atmosphere that is a model of sound conductivity. This phenomenon is also known to "strengthen" an audience, who would normally tire during a reading, and make them more receptive to poetry.

2 Comments:

At 11:32 AM, Blogger beth coyote said...

congrats-I'd be there but for the 3000 mile drive...

 
At 6:38 AM, Blogger Valerie Loveland said...

I've always wanted to visit Washington.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home