Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Robert Creeley is from Acton

I was so overwhelmed when I went into the poetry bookstore, I immediately forgot all the names of any poetry books I wanted to look for. Luckily, I had Snow on Snow in my purse, so I could remember the name of a poet, and look to see if they had any other Maura Stanton books for me to buy (they did).

There was this adorable old guy who was name-dropping the names of famous poets who came into the store. When I told him that I was from New Jersey, he said "Someone from New Jersey came in recently...Robert Pinsky." He did this with a couple other famous poets too. It was hilarious--I don't even think he worked there.

Next time I go, I'm bringing a list with me.

2 Comments:

At 8:25 PM, Blogger beth coyote said...

That's why I can't buy music from a store. I go in and they are always playing something and I completely forget why I am there. *sigh* oh, and listening to music on headphones makes the music sound way better than when you get home and listen in your room. harrumph.

 
At 5:34 AM, Blogger Valerie Loveland said...

Have you gone to the poetry bookstore in Seattle?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home