Wednesday, June 18, 2008

The Most Popular Dog Names, An Insider's View

Yesterday on the Mental Floss blog, they posted this:

Top Ten Names for Dogs

Male Names
1. Max
2. Buddy
3. Jake
4. Rocky
5. Bailey
6. Buster
7. Cody
8. Charlie
9. Bear
10. Jack

Female Names

1. Molly
2. Maggie
3. Daisy
4. Lucy
5. Sadie
6. Ginger
7. Chloe
8. Bailey
9. Sophie
10. Zoe

Since I work at a pet resort, it was fun to compare this list to a list that I would have made of the most popular names. The resort is pretty representive of this list except for two minor changes: I would have made Bailey the #1 male name and Lucy the #1 female name. I also would have added the name Jackson to the males list instead of Jack. Jack is popular, but I've seen more Jacksons.

2 Comments:

At 2:01 PM, Blogger Charles said...

I love that Charlie is on the list. I like dogs named Charlie.

 
At 9:55 PM, Blogger Valerie Loveland said...

I never met an animal named Valerie, but I did meet one named Val (Valentino).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home