Monday, May 21, 2007

Hot Fuzz



I've been avoiding Hot Fuzz because I thought Shaun of the Dead was only pretty good/okay (same goes for Spaced). I only went because Philip and I wanted to go to the movies yesterday and it had the most potential of everything playing.

I was surprised how much liked it. There are a lot of similarities to Shaun of the Dead, but I enjoyed this one so much more. The main difference is the lead character is a super man instead of a loser. It made a huge difference to me that the main character was based on being awesome at everything and doing everything right instead of doing everything wrong. Nick Frost played his usual loser character, but this time he was a loser who was learning instead of just staying the same forever.

One of my favorite British actresses, Olivia Colman has a pretty big part in the movie. She had a small part in The Office UK and a bigger one in Green Wing (which is a great show by the way).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home