Thursday, February 15, 2007

Local libraries

I guess I've been spoiled by having great libraries nearby in the various places I've lived. I was shocked when I went to three local branches of the library here in Austin and saw that my modest poetry collection is bigger than the three of them put together.

I still haven't been to the main branch yet. People tell me it's a great library. I also saw a photo of it, and it has four floors! With four floors, there has to be more than a couple shelves of poetry, right?

3 Comments:

At 7:21 PM, Blogger Montgomery Maxton said...

prepare yourself, it could be a big section made up of nothing but angelou anthologies and collins collections.

 
At 9:09 AM, Blogger Valerie Loveland said...

I forgot to mention that the local branches did have Jewel's poetry book.

 
At 12:23 PM, Blogger Montgomery Maxton said...

i should mention i love angelou and collins and i are one day going to have an affair (see Blood Orange Review)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home