Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Great Poetry Weekend

I found out this weekend that Juked is taking two of my poems: "Spot the Differences Puzzle: The Butcher Shops" and "Mumble."

I finished two poems on the same day yesterday. Usually, I'll work on a bunch and one will sort of start seeming more "done" than the others and I will work on that one until it is finished. This time, two were neck and neck the whole time so I finshed them on the same day. One of them is for Thema's upcoming issue (Theme: "Everybody Quit")and has to be postmarked by March 1, so I think that has some influence. This has only happened once before, and a Thema deadline was involved that time too.

My new poetry group had our first meeting on Sunday, and it went really well. I'm excited to have some local poets to hang out with.

2 Comments:

At 2:38 PM, Blogger Christine said...

Congrats!

I hope I can read those poems sometime.

 
At 10:27 AM, Blogger Valerie Loveland said...

Thanks! I'll post the link when they're published.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home