Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Fear and Loathing in My Reading List

After reading two literary biographies where the subjects commit suicide after a drawn-out life of misery, a collection of Raymond Carver short stories (so depressing) and Philip K Dick's Minority Report (whiny and paranoid)it was such a relief to read Hunter S Thompson's Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. It is one of the most fun books I've ever read. I can't wait to see the movie.

If anyone has any non-depressing book recommendations, I could use a couple more fun books before I get back to my usual downer-reading.

4 Comments:

At 12:21 AM, Blogger Montgomery Maxton said...

Running With Scissors is a funny book.

 
At 9:00 AM, Blogger Radish King said...

Mmm, watch the Johnny Depp/Gilliam version of Fear and Loathing, but also watch Bill Murray's portrayal in Where The Buffalo Roam.

I second Running With Scissors.

 
At 1:35 PM, Blogger Valerie Loveland said...

I'll have to check the library for Running with Scissors. Thanks for the recommendation!

Whoa! I didn't know there were two Thompson movies--awesome!

 
At 9:46 AM, Blogger jenni said...

Hunter S is awesome. Love him.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home