Thursday, December 21, 2006

I've been thinking about this Groundhog Day quote since watching the movie again

"When Chekhov saw the long winter, he saw a winter bleak and dark and bereft of hope. Yet we know that winter is just another step in the cycle of life. But standing here among the people of Punxsutawney and basking in the warmth of their hearths and hearts, I couldn't imagine a better fate than a long and lustrous winter."

I'm considering having a Bill Murray movie night with three of his lower-profile movies from the late 80's/early 90's: Groundhog Day, Scrooged, and Quickchange. They're great movies and people don't watch them very often.

2 Comments:

At 10:33 AM, Blogger jenni said...

I love Groundhog Day! It's one of my favorite movies. He's so great in that part, too.

 
At 11:56 PM, Blogger Valerie Loveland said...

Yeah it's one of the best parts!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home