Wednesday, October 11, 2006

(Viva Blackpool)

Ever since my friend linked this clip (NWS, and also beware: when I showed my friend Halcyone this clip, she went insane and wrote this post, even including a David Tennant icon) from the British series Blackpool on her blog, I have been looking all over for a region 1 DVD of it. I finally found a copy on Ebay (because of the Emmys. It is a "for your consideration" copy).

It arrived yesterday and I watched the whole thing (6 hour-long episodes) all at once. It is just as great as I hoped.

Blackpool is sort of a murder mystery where the characters sing along with the soundtrack (with songs like Queen's "Don't Stop Me Now," Morrissey's "Boy with a Thorn in His Side," and Elvis Costello's "Brilliant Mistake") and also do some light dancing. It has some elements of Twin Peaks, soap operas and the musical episode of Buffy.

2 Comments:

At 10:24 PM, Blogger Montgomery Maxton said...

When that cartoon character held your hand, if indeed it was that kind of date, did his color rub off onto you?

I grew up in a town called Loveland. Everyone brought their Valentine's Day cards to the post office to have them mailed with the special Loveland stamp.

 
At 1:56 PM, Blogger Valerie Loveland said...

His hand was gloved in my dream.

I drove through Loveland, Colorado once while I was on an exhausting road trip. The person I was driving with got mad because I didn't stop the car and have my photo taken with one of the signs that said "Loveland."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home